Dr. Tom Frank
Dr. Tom Frank
Tel. +49 (040) 3008510-0
Fax +49 (040) 3008510-99
Mobile +49 (179) 5012 175
Dr. Tom Frank.vcf
Dr. Tom Frank has been an attorney since 2002 and a partner of the firm since 2007. His areas of specialization are M&A and private equity transactions. He also advises German and international clients from various industries on issues of corporate and labor law, especially in the context of reorganizations, including legal aspects of co-determination, collective bargaining and labor management relations. Finally, his areas of expertise cover the complete spectrum of individual and collective labor law and employment contract law. His clients include, among others, American, English and German financial investors, as well as well-known companies in the logistics and food industries and the communication sector.
Areas of Specialization: M&A, corporate law, labor law
Languages: German, English
Recommendations: Juve: M&A (2009 to date), Corporate (2009 to date). Best Lawyers®: Corporate Law Germany (2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018).
“High quality employment advice“ (competitor, JVUE 2017)
„Reliable and competent in M&A” (competitor, JUVE 2016)
“Quick and really good in corporate and employment” (competitor, JUVE 2015)
“Highly competent, helpful and pleasant” (competitor, JUVE 2011)
Vita: Born: 1972. Professional Education and Experience: Studies of law and legal traineeship (Referendariat) in Hamburg and New York. Lecturer at the University of Hamburg in civil law. Doctorate in insolvency law. Attorney with Löhde Leo Schmidt-Hollburg & Witte (2002 to 2013) and Leo Schmidt-Hollburg Witte & Frank (2013 to date).
- Shareholders of Finanzcheck on limited auction and sale to Scout24 AG
- Shareholders of Hansaton group on dissolution of joint venture with DAX30 joint-venture partner, acquisition and disposal of certain foreign subsidiaries and sale of Hansaton group to Sonova AG.
- Ongoing advice to global insurance broker regarding restructuring measures (spin-offs, mergers and joint ventures) as well as acquisitions (labor law aspects)
- Shareholders of industrial group regarding renewal of management board contracts in the course of an envisaged IPO
- RHJI on acquisition of BHF Bank AG (labor law and pension aspects)
- Nordsee Offshore MEG I on joint venture with Deme (labor law, restructuring)
- Family office on several start-up acquisitions and disinvestments
- European technological and market leader regarding post M&A litigation
- Former supervisory board member versus trustee of German publicly listed company (corporate litigation, D&O insurance)
- LGT Foundation on sale of German LGT Bank to ABN AMRO (labor law, restructuring aspects), including pre-closing restructuring
- CEO regarding leaving a MDAX listed company
- Management board members regarding renewal of service agreements with SDAX listed company
- Shareholders of Hauck & Aufhäuser Institutional Research AG on disposal of shares
- Nordsee Offshore MEG I on restructuring aspects (labor law)
- Trustee of industrial group versus its former shareholders (corporate litigation, etc.)
- Leading global logistic group on several small and midcap transactions (acquisition of German small and medium-sized competitors and disposal of subsidiaries/branches/assets; MBOs) and on post-closing restructuring (corporate and labor law)
- Owners of www.transfermarkt.de on sale of shares to Axel Springer AG
- Sulo, a portfolio company of private equity investors Apax and Blackstone, on acquisition of Cleanaway from Australian conglomerate Brambles (employment and restructuring)