Dr. Thorben Rein
Dr. Thorben Rein
Tel. +49 (040) 3008510-0
Fax +49 (040) 3008510-99
Mobile +49 (151) 1241 9298
Dr. Thorben Rein.vcf
Dr. Thorben Rein is a partner of the firm with a professional focus on corporate law. His areas of specialization include all aspects of corporate law as well as mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and capital market law. Particular focuses of his work in this regard include reorganizations, management holdings and management contracts, as well as the acquisition and sale of German or international target companies. A further focus of his corporate practice is the representation of shareholders in shareholder conflicts as well as the representation of corporations and members of the board in corporate litigation.
He is a Certified Specialist in Commercial and Corporate Law.
Languages: German, English
Recommendations: Juve: Recommended lawyer for Corporate (2014 to date). Best Lawyers®: Corporate Law Germany (2017 and 2018).
“Fantastic teamwork that goes beyond the firm’s boundaries” (competitor, JUVE 2016)
Vita: Born: 1976. Professional Education and Experience: Studies of law and legal traineeship (Referendariat) in Munich, Hamburg and San Francisco, California. Scholarship grant by the German Research Foundation (DFG) and doctorate at the Institute for Law and Economics at the University of Hamburg. Doctorate in capital markets law. Visiting Scholar at the University of California, Berkeley (2007). Attorney with Löhde Leo Schmidt-Hollburg & Witte (2007 to 2013), and Leo Schmidt-Hollburg Witte & Frank (2013 to date). Certified Specialist in Commercial and Corporate Law. 2007 through 2012 lecturer at the University of Hamburg in the area of economic analysis of the law.
See also my profile on LinkedIn
- Capital Stage AG on the divestiture of a minority interest in solar cell producer Inventux Technologies AG and increase in capital
- Shareholders of Hauck & Aufhäuser Institutional Research AG on company transformation and disposal of shares
- Majority shareholder on divestiture and attempted sale of an affiliate company in the pharmacy sector to an U.S. publicly listed company and a German MDAX company
- Shareholders of Boomerang Medien AG on merger with Edgar Medien AG
- Venture capital company on simplified capital reduction and subsequent capital increase
- Medienholding AG on shareholder dispute with majority shareholder of Suhrkamp Verlag (corporate litigation)
- Established Hamburg based family owned company on long-running proxy fight with shareholder
- Trustee of industrial group on the litigation and settlement of claw-back and unjust enrichment claims versus its former business partner (corporate litigation, etc.)
- Venture capital company versus former members of its supervisory board in cross-border corporate litigation
- Former bank board member on long-running corporate litigation and directors liability
- Wind power fund on corporate litigation with minority shareholders
- Venture capital company on post M & A litigation dispute with minority shareholder and former director
- 50% Shareholder on dissolution of partnership